Terms & Conditions
*DISCLAIMER* It is not our intention to encourage users to ignore the Terms & Conditions contained in Apps, but rather to draw attention to the importance of information which may be missed if users elect to ignore them. Our Distilled version of the details contained in the Terms & conditions should not be considered legally binding and are not endorsed by any app developer or vendor. We strongly support all users visiting the appropriate Apps sites to view the terms & conditions in full. *disclaimer*
Any areas of the terms & conditions that do not directly impact the security, integrity or sharing of user data shall be considered out of scope. This research will be performed as we feel most users do not perform an in-depth analysis of terms & conditions. Therefore, we shall seek to condense material we find relevant to security or privacy and present this information in a condensed form.
Snapchat's Terms and Conditions
- No one under the age of 13 may use Snapchat.
- You must not be prohibited by law to use Snapchat under your country’s jurisdiction.
- When creating content on Snapchat (taking pictures, posting them online) you retain the ownership rights of it. However, you grant Snapchat and their affiliates the right to use that content royalty-free however they please if you use the Services.
- You allow Snapchat to use the data they collect on you to perform targeted advertising based on this data.
- Snapchat does not review all content on its platform however reserves the right to review it and remove any content that may violate the terms & conditions, Community Guidelines or the Law.
The following bullet points are under Snapchats safety terms of service.
- No one may use the services for anything illegal.
- No one may use any automated means to interface with the services.
- No one may create third party software that interacts with the services or the data of the users who use it.
- No one may use the service in such a way that would damage the performance of the service or inhibit it completely.
- You will not attempt to login to another users account without consent.
- You will not attempt to gain the login credentials of another user without consent.
- The posting of incitements to violence, hate speech, threats, graphic violence or pornography is strictly prohibited.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code or otherwise compromise the security of the Services.
- You will not attempt to bypass content-filtering techniques Snapchat uses or try to access features or areas of the Service that you are not allowed to use.
- The Scanning, probing or testing the vulnerability of any of the services or any system or network is strictly prohibited.
- The encouragement of breaking these terms of service is strictly prohibited.
Snapchat collects information from its users when they use the services. They collect the following but is not limited to:
- How you use Snapchat:
How you talk to other users, when you talk to them, which friends you exchange messages with the most and how much you talk to them.
- What you make on Snapchat:
What you make on Snapchat such as stickers and the meta data associated with them.
- Device Information:
What information your phone has stored on it including time zone, keyboard language, and what type of device you use like operating system and version.
- Device Phone-book:
There is an option to allow Snapchat to view your phone-book on your device.
- Camera roll on your Device:
Snapchat has access to the photos saved to your device.
- Location Information:
Using a multitude of techniques, Snapchat gathers information on your location based on region settings, WIFI access points and other techniques.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Technologies:
- Website Information:
Snapchat collects information on you when you use their website online. They collect data such as your IP Address, what you did on the website, pages viewed and similar.
- Information Collected from Third Parties
Snapchat collects information on Third Party apps you may have used that ties into Snapchat like Bitmoji.
Below is an excerpt from Snapchat’s terms & conditions specifically talking about information that may be collected from users under the age of 13.
“Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 13. And that’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13. In addition, we may limit how we collect, use, and store some of the information of EU users between 13 and 16. In some cases, this means we will be unable to provide certain functionality to these users. If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.”
The Community Guidelines are as follows and can be found on Snapchat’s website under community guidelines.
Sexually Explicit Content:
- Promoting or distributing pornography is strictly prohibited.
- Non-sexual contexts of nudity are not considered, for example breastfeeding.
- Sexual content of anyone under the age of 18, even of the user themselves may not be posted, saved or sent to anyone. You may not ask a minor to send explicit imagery or chats and the sexual exploitation of children is reported to authorities.
Harassment & Bullying:
- Bullying on the services is strictly prohibited.
- If someone blocks you do not attempt to contact them from another account.
- Do not take snaps of someone in private locations such as bathrooms, medical facilities or otherwise without consent.
Threats, Violence & Harm:
- Never threaten to harm anyone or anyone’s property.
- Don’t post snaps of graphic violence or animal abuse.
- The promotion of self-harm or eating disorders are strictly prohibited.
Impersonation & Spam:
- Do not impersonate other people or attempt to deceive others about who you are.
- Deceptive practices, spam and activities such as these are prohibited.
Hate Speech & False Information:
- Do not post content that promotes discrimination or violence based on disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ethnicity or race.
- The promotion of false claims or denying of tragic events is strictly prohibited.
- Do not use Snapchat for any illegal activities.
Terrorist organizations are strictly prohibited from using Snapchat.
Instagram's Terms & Conditions
Who Can Use Instagram:
When it comes to Instagram, they want to have their platform as open and inclusive as possible, however they also want users to feel safe and secure, in accordance with the law. As a result, they have implemented a few restrictions to the platform:
- The minimum age to be on the platform is thirteen years old. As the digital age of consent in Ireland is now 16, this means that children in Ireland should not be using the service strictly speaking.
- If you had previously had an account which had been previously disabled for violation of the law or any of Instagram’s policies, you will not be allowed to reactive that account.
- You must not be a convicted sex offender. This stance could be reassuring to parents where their child has a less likely chance to meet a certain individual. More importantly, if they should discover a registered offender they can be assured that upon reporting the offender he or she will be removed from the platform.
How You Can’t Use Instagram:
To provide a safe space for you and your kids on Instagram, they have provided several guidelines of things which you can’t do on Instagram, as in to protect users of their community.
- It is against their guidelines to impersonate other individuals or to provide inaccurate information, although you don’t have to publish your personal identity on Instagram, you still must provide Instagram with accurate and up to date information as to confirm that you are not impersonating someone else. You also cannot create an account for someone else unless they have given permission, in other words you cannot create an account for your child or another Individual, thus any accounts created to impersonate a celebrity are against the terms and conditions.
- Users are not allowed to solicit content to other users on the platform.
- Violation of the terms of conditions, including the encouragement of the violation of the terms and conditions, this includes the playing of copyrighted music, the bullying of other users etc. is against the community guidelines.
- You cannot post private or confidential information that violates an individual’s rights, including their intellectual property.
How is this information used?:
The information that is gathered is used to provide relevant content for the user in question, by looking at what the users follows, likes and information that has been provided by the user (including data with special protections which has been provided by the user) to help provide suitable suggestions for the user.
It should be noted that the information gathered from Instagram is not just contained with Instagram, but it also shared with Facebook, as Facebook is the parent company of Instagram and thus all the data is contained together, making it possible to be exchanged between platforms. I.E signing up with a Facebook account lets you have all your Facebook account information be default on the Instagram platform.
The information that is gathered from where you “check in” on the platform is used for generating suitable advertisements based upon places you go, this is done by gathering your devices location, however, can only be done if you allow the location to be accessed.
Information provided is also used in the furthering of research and development for the Instagram platform and its connected platforms i.e. Facebook, by conducting research and surveys and troubleshooting their new products and features.
They also use facial recognition software to recognize your face in photos and videos, however this feature is entirely optional and are considered special data under EU law.
What permissions you’ve given to Instagram:
When it comes to the ownership of an Instagram account, you have given Instagram certain permissions, these permissions are:
- Although Instagram doesn’t claim ownership over your content, you do give Instagram license to use your content. Therefore any content that you post, You grant Instagram a “Non-exclusive, sub-licensee, worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate and create derivative works of your content” Therefore anything you post can be used for advertisements by the Instagram company at any time. The only way to end this license is through the deletion of your content or the deletion of the account the content is hosted on.
- Instagram has the permission to use your username, profile picture, likes and follows to post appropriate advertisements and offers, in other words, if you follow a sponsored content, you will appear on the advertisement about the content, with no compensation to yourself, this is however in regard to the user’s ad settings which can altered.
- The company can update your app on your device without permission.
- Instagram can change your username or similar identifiers of your account if it is impersonating someone else’s identity or infringing someone else’s intellectual property.
Removing content or terminating accounts:
- Any content that is deleted may still exist on Instagram for a period of time as backup copies and will be visible wherever others have shared it. This will still apply even after your account is terminated or deleted.
- Any content or information that is seen as a violation of Term of Use, or is illegal can be removed by Instagram, as a result they can refuse to provide all the services of Instagram, up to disabling or terminating your account. If your account is terminated you will be notified, if you believed it is an error, you are able to make a counterargument to Instagram.
Who has rights?:
- Third parties do not have rights under your agreement.
- You cannot transfer your rights or obligations to anyone else without Instagram’s consent.
Who Is Responsible if Something Happens:
- Instagram says they can’t guarantee their platform is safe and secure or that their security will work perfectly all the time. This does not exclude liability of death, personal injury, or fraudulent misrepresentation on behalf of Instagram’s negligence, or if the law does not allow it.
- They also state that they have no control over the actions of other people, are not responsible for yours or other people’s actions or content posted, they are also not responsible for services and features offered by other peoples or company, even if they were accessed through Instagram.
- Instagram is limited for what can be done on the service, due to the limitation of the law. any impact on issues pertaining to the service is unknown. And they will not be held accountable arising out of or related to their terms.
- Upon accepting of the terms, you agree to defend Instagram in any claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses against the company, for example, any attorney’s fees and costs. You will also cooperate in defence of any claims and reserve the right to control any subject to indemnification, you will also not settle any claims without Instagram’s consent.
How disputes are handled:
- Except as provided below, you and we agree that any cause of action, legal claim, or dispute between you and us arising out of or related to these Terms or Instagram (“claim(s)”) must be resolved by arbitration on an individual basis. Class actions and class arbitration’s are not permitted; you and we may bring a claim only on your own behalf and cannot seek relief that would affect other Instagram users. If there is a final judicial determination that any claim (or a request for relief) cannot be arbitrated in accordance with this provision’s limitations, then only that claim (or only that request for relief) may be brought in court. All other claims (or requests for relief) remain subject to this provision.
- Unless in the exceptions below, any disputes between Instagram and you, based on the Terms of Instagram must be resolved by the use of an arbitrator or individually. Any class actions or class arbitration’s are not permitted. You can only bring a claim on your own behalf and cannot seek relief from other Instagram users, this rule also applying to Instagram.
- You or Instagram can also bring claims to small claims court instead of an arbitrator.
It is detailed within the Instagram data policy that they collect specific data, depending on how you use the product. However, you do have the ability to view, download and delete said data from their
What is collected:
Data provided by the consumer:
- All created and shared content by the users.
- Messages and communication with others.
- Location of the photo (if provided).
- Date of file created.
Network and connections:
- Collect data on pages and people followed.
- Pages and people that follow you.
- Hashtags you follow.
- People you communicate with.
- The messages sent to these other people.
What data is collected for:
- Login activity.
- People you have searched for.
- People you have interacted with.
- Time, frequency and duration of your activities.
- Content you viewed.
- Features used with the camera.
What is shared with Third-Parties:
Instagram (and Facebook) work with a lot of third parties in order to be able to provide the free service that they do, even though they impose strict restrictions on how their partners can use and disclose the information they provide. Below is a list of information that Instagram shares with their partners.
Instagram provides companies with statistic to help companies understand how users are interacting with their posts, listings, pages videos and other content. One way being Instagram business profiles receive data on how many people view, react and comment on their posts.
Instagram provide reports to advertisers to see the kinds of as people are seeing and how their own ads are performing. However personal information is not shared with these companies. Unless permission is given to do so.
Instagram shares your info to companies in order to provide analytics and measurement reports to their partners.
Instagram provides information to their vendors and service provider who support their business, by providing Instagram with a technical infrastructure service, analyzing how their products are used, provide a customer service, conducting surveys or facilitating payments.
Instagram provides your information and content to their research partners in order to further their research, that is used to advance scholarships and innovation that supports Instagram (and Facebook’s) mission. Enhancing the discovering and innovation of technological advances, social welfare, health and well-being and public interest.
Legal requests from law enforcement’s:
Instagram is by law, obligated to share your information with law enforcement’s in the case of a legal case.
Your rights under GDPR:
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a right to access, rectify and erase your data, you also have the right to restrict the processing of your data:
- You have the right to object of the processing of your data for the purpose of marketing, this right can be exercising by using the “unsubscribe” feature on marketing communications, like at the bottom of emails.
- You have the right to objectify against the processing of your data where it is being performed in the interest of public interest or in the interests of a third party.
Account deactivation, deletion and data retention:
Instagram and Facebook stores data on their servers until that data is no longer necessary in order to provide a service on their services, or until you delete your account. However, this also depends on the nature of the data, why it was collected and how it was processed, and the legal or operational retention the data is needed.
When you delete your account, all the content you’ve posted, like photos and statuses will be deleted, and will not be able to be recovered later. Content that others have shared about you however will not be deleted due to it not being your data. If you want to get rid of your account but keep your data on the service, you can deactivate.
Responding to legal requests:
As previously mentioned, Instagram will share your information to law enforcement’s, regulators etc. for the following reasons:
- Instagram will send your information in response to legal requests when they have a good-faith belief that it is required by law in the jurisdiction the request is being made place, and it is also with consistence with the international standards.
- With the good-faith belief, it is necessary to detect, prevent and address any fraudulent, unauthorized use of Instagram, in regard to violation of their terms and policies, or any other harmful or illegal activity, in order to protect the service, yourself and/or others.
Only share photos and videos that you have taken or have the right to share.
As always, you own the content you post on Instagram. Remember to post authentic content, and don’t post anything you’ve copied or collected from the Internet that you don’t have the right to post.
Only post content appropriate to a diverse audience.
Instagram does not allow nudity on their platform, however post-mastectomy scarring and women breastfeeding is allowed. Pictures of nude painting and sculptures are allowed though.
Any pictures that contain nude or partial nudity of children will be removed from the service entirely.
Foster genuine and meaningful interactions:
Don’t spam the platform by artificially getting likes, followers and/or shares, or by posting comments or content repetitiously, or by repeatedly tagging users about products without their consent.
Follow the law:
Instagram does not condone support for terrorism, crime or hate groups, the offering of sexual services or the selling of illegal firearms or prescription drugs. Any accounts that promotes online gambling must have written permission before using Instagram.
There is also a zero-tolerance policy on the sharing of sexual content involving a minor and threatening to post intimate images of other people.
Respect all members of the IG community:
It is against the rule to published threatening messages or hate speech, content that targets private individual by degrading or shaming them. It’s also against the rules to encourage such violence or attacks based on someone’s race, nationality, ethnicity, origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, disability, or disease. Serious threats of harm are also not allowed.
Not glorifying self-injury:
Instagram does not condone the encouragement of people causing self-injury such as promoting eating disorders, cutting and other types of self-injury. This might include newsworthy events, depending on how graphic the images are.
Regarding Reporting Content/Users:
If there is a violation on the platform than Instagram recommends the use of the reporting option on the platform, to remove such content to keep the community clean, individuals can also report an account without having an account. They do request to provide as much information as possible like links, usernames and descriptions of the condemned content, as to speed up the review of the content. However, if you find content which you just don’t like and doesn’t violate the Community Guidelines, they ask not to report this content, but just to block or un-follow the user who has posted it.
They also insist that if there is a dispute or misunderstanding between two users which is not a violation of the terms of service or the Community Guidelines, that they resolve it between each other. Posting screenshots and drawing attention to the situation may be classified as harassment.
Lastly, they insist that they will work with police enforcement’s if there is a risk of physical harm or a threat to public safety.
Whatsapp's Terms and Conditions
Our aim, once again, is to encourage parents to read the terms and conditions by providing a distilled version which highlights the most important points that may be relevant to a concerned parent.
You must register to use WhatsApp’s services using up to date correct information including you’re your current phone number and should you change your phone number you must notify WhatsApp. You must also agree to provide WhatsApp access to your address book/contacts (in accordance with all applicable laws). You must agree to receive text messages and calls from WhatsApp or third-party affiliates with codes to register for their services.
Ability to Accept Terms & Conditions:
You must be 16 years of age or an emancipated minor or possess, legal parental consent and be fully able and competent to enter the terms & conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations and warranties set forth in the terms of service. WhatsApp is intended for use by those under 16 years of age and those under this age limit are not permitted to use the service. This falls in line with the recent change to the digital age of consent in Ireland which was amended from 13 to 16.
WITHIN the European Region you must be 16 years of age or older to use WhatsApp. In such cases where a user is under this age limit a parent or guardian must sign the terms of services agreement on their behalf.
Users must protect their own account by ensuring they use a strong password which is not accessible to unauthorized users.
Data Sharing Within the Facebook Umbrella:
Your data is shared among Facebook partners to ensure quality of service, and that features are performing correctly. This also enhances safety and security by removing spam accounts and combatting abusive activity. Data sharing facilitates cross platform, which allows Facebooks platforms to communicate with each other
Nothing is shared automatically between platforms. Only users can share data.
Users should be aware that when communicating with businesses through WhatsApp, data you share with them will be stored on their device/server.
What Data is Collected:
Your Phone number, and all numbers in your phonebook /contacts are accessed. Your email address, if provided may be collected. Profile pictures may be collected. Messages and their contents are not collected or backed up. Once a message is delivered, it is deleted from the WhatsApp servers. Undelivered messages may be stored for up to 30 days on the servers to deliver them, after which; or after 30 days they are deleted. When many people are sharing an item, such as a photo, it may be retained on servers for longer periods of time.
Data may be held for protracted period if there is a good faith belief that such a data may be required to facilitate an investigation.
Device meta-data is collected in all its forms. Location data is only collected if locate related features are used, including sharing your location with other users. This data is collected for diagnostic purposes, not for sharing.
Cookies relating to the WhatsApp website are collected.
Usage and log information is collected. Activity relating to services and service settings, diagnostics and performance fall into this area.
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) permit the user to protest the use and collection of Data. You can request access to your information, update information and erase your information via in App settings.
Data Protection falls under the Umbrella of both GDPR and the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
How is data used:
Measurement & Analytical data is shared with affiliates and businesses to improve services. Personal Data is not shared in this manner.
This also guarantees that WhatsApp themselves cannot view the content of your messages or listen to your calls. End-To-End encryption has been extended to video calling and Status. Encryption is restricted to the user device, not the server, therefore WhatsApp have no facility to decrypt messages. Before a message leaves your device, it is encrypted with a lock with only the intended receiver having the key. Each key is specific to each message.
Terms of Service:
WhatsApp must seek your agreement to its terms to provide services as defined through the its Apps, services, software or website. Registering, installing accessing, using WhatsApp’s Apps Services features software or website shall constitute agreement.
Within the European Economic area (EU) or European region, Services are provided by WhatsApp Ireland Limited. All other areas are serviced by WhatsApp incorporated.
Listed under its terms service WhatsApp stipulates that it ‘may’ provide a safe and convenient way to transfer money. This is a clever way of covering the company from liability should it fail to provide this service, or should the service prove to be unsafe. WhatsApp share connection information with business partners to improve its services. IT is important to remember that End-to-End encryption guarantees that the data within the communication is protected.
WhatsApp aims to continuously monitor any abusive or inappropriate behaviour within its platform. Harmful conduct towards others is strictly prohibited. Automatic systems have been deployed to improve the ability to detect and remove abusive Users that may harm the WhatsApp community.
Abusive users shall be removed.
How users use WhatsApp is analysed to improve all aspect of the service and features.
Data is shared globally among WhatsApp’s data centres and systems to ensure global connectivity for its user base. These databases and systems may be operated by WhatsApp OR third-party affiliates which may in turn result in data leakage through data breaches.
For Irish users local Irish Law Applies to dispute resolution with WhatsApp regarding any issues arising from the WhatsApp terms of service. Irish Courts will be used to mediate dispute resolution.
Termination of Account:
You may delete your account at any time. The deletion of an account is irrevocable. Once an account is deleted it is gone, forever.
Emergency Services Restrictions:
NO access to emergency services is provided through the WhatsApp platform via call, text, video or otherwise. This service is provided by Standard phone or online services only. These service access restrictions include fire, medical, law enforcement. Coast guard or any other emergency services no stated.
Acceptable Use of Services:
Services must be used in accordance with terms of service. Abuse of the terms of service may lead to a user being banned. If this happens, a banned user is not allowed to create a new account. So if a user who is abusing your child is banned, and creates another account to continue harassing your child, this account is also subject to banning.
You must use services only for legal Authorized and acceptable purposes. Assisting other in violations is considered a violation. Furthermore, any acts that are illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, intimidating, harassing, hateful racially or ethnically offensive, or instigate or encourage conduct that would be illegal or otherwise inappropriate are prohibited. Promoting violent crimes, or involve publishing falsehoods, misrepresentations or misleading statements, impersonating somebody, sending illegal or impermissible communications such as bulk or spam messaging; auto-messaging or auto dialling is also prohibited. Services are for personal use only unless authorized by WhatsApp. This section highlights that activities such as the widely publicized MOMO incidents would automatically lead to a ban for all users sharing such content.
User License to WhatsApp:
As a user you grant license to WhatsApp to operate and provide services to you. You also grant worldwide non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable rights for WhatsApp and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works of, display and perform the information including content you upload submit, store, send or receive on or through our services. This is important in that end-to-end encryption should prevent WhatsApp having access to your data, however, if your data becomes viewable and/or useable, WhatsApp will have rights to it. Keep this in mind.
Access to your personal Data:
You must allow WhatsApp to access contacts, however this data is not collected as it is Third-party data and not yours to offer up.
Unauthorized use of your Phone:
You must notify WhatsApp immediately if any unauthorized person uses your device and you are personally solely responsible for any status updates posted from your device.
Collection of Personal Data Statement:
Users must not attempt to collect other users personal data such as phone numbers.
Spamming or solicitation for commercial purposes is prohibited.
Visibility of what you share with other user’s:
The content you upload shall only be viewable by those to whom you grant access, by allowing them to have your contact details stored in their device and adding you as a friend. A blocked user shall be denied further access to your content.
Status update and Content Posting Responsibility:
The user is solely responsible for any content they post and accepts that they will be exposed to content they may deem inappropriate even should it violate the terms and conditions. In such case WhatsApp may need time to remove the offending content.
Warranty Disclaimer / limitation of liability:
You acknowledge that you assume all risk involved with using the service and the WhatsApp company shall not be held responsible for any incidents that occur on the platform.
Inappropriate Status updates:
All content you, or others post must conform to the terms of service.
You are not allowed to impersonate other users.
Adult content must be clearly identified as such.
YouTube and Google's Terms and Conditions
YouTube is owned by Google and you must have a Google Account to make a YouTube account. As such,
- You must accept the terms and conditions to use YouTube features and services and acceptance of the terms is acceptance of all terms and stipulations therein. The terms for a legally binding contract between you and YouTube.
- Content creators, which is anybody who uploads to the service, are also subject to the terms and conditions, as is their data.
- You agree that the user will be solely responsible to YouTube and others for all activity that occurs under the users YouTube account. You further agree that users are solely responsible for any breach of the user’s obligations under the terms and conditions and the consequences including any damage YouTube may suffer, for which YouTube shall be held responsible.
- You must set up a YouTube account to use some YouTube services and you must provide all required accurate information.
- Repeat infringers of copyright protections will be banned.
- Your will not post unlawfully held or obtained material including material in breach of copyright. Posting of content implies you have the appropriate rights.
- YouTube reserves the right to remove inappropriate content that is found to breach any of the terms and conditions of service.
- YouTube may end its contract with users if they breach the terms or have behaved as if they intend not too or are legally required to do so.
You may not accept the Terms and conditions if you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with YouTube, which in Ireland is 13 years of age, or you are a person who is barred , prohibited or otherwise legally block from receiving or suing the service under the laws of Ireland; OR from the country which you are in when using the service.
- All users agree not to attempt to harvest any personal data of any users of the service or website, including account names.
- Users including companies are prohibited from using emails to contact users for the purposes of solicitation.
- You retain the rights to your content, but limited license is extended to both YouTube and other users.
- YouTube does not guarantee confidentiality to any user content submitted.
- You understand that users are solely responsible for any content the publish and the consequences that go with it. YouTube does not endorse user content simply because it is posted.
- When you post content to YouTube you grant worldwide non-exclusive royalty free transferrable rights to use, copy, make derivatives of, display and otherwise distribute your content. However, you also grant these rights to other users! IF you remove content that is visual such as video or audio, these rights are removed, however text content, such as content rights are granted permanently.
- You may not download content from YouTube that you did not upload.
- Third party’s links to content or services or websites outside YouTube are clicked at the user’s risk, and YouTube assumes o responsibility for any content or damages caused by content on such links.
- If you wish to end your legal user contract with YouTube, you may do so any time by writing to YouTube at the address above and closing your YouTube account.
- Google collect a wide variety of data types such as search history, videos watched, views and interactions with content and ads, voice and audio when audio features related to google services are used, purchase activity, people with whom you communicate or share content, activity on third party sites, Apps that use google services, and chrome history you’ve synced with your google account. Naturally uploaded content is stored also. Personal information such as name, address, email and phone number may also be collected. Personal information is not shared with partners.
- Users with whom you share personal data, such as our email address, may gain access through publicly available data, to other personal information, such as your full name and profile picture.
- Data relating to location via GPRS & GPS, IP address, sensor data and other device data and information relating to IOT devices such as WIFI Access points cell towers and Bluetooth enabled devices are also stored. As part of its search engine functions google may also collect publicly accessible information such as newspaper articles.
- Cookies, pixel tags, local storage, browser web storage, App cache data, databases and server logs are all used to collect this data.
- Google provides a feature to control what other see about you. This is access by logging into your goggle account.
- This data is used to improve services included personalized add services.
During the term of a contract if no option is provided to delete user data, YouTube will comply with any reasonable request to facilitate such deletion in so far as this is possible considering the nature and functionality of the pre-processor (YouTube) services. Google may charge a fee for this service. This fee will be calculated, and the user will be notified of the fee prior to the deletion.
When a contract ends all user data will be deleted within a reasonable time frim except where law prohibits it, or a customer request the data remain even after end of contract.
YouTube will upload and process any content uploaded in accordance with the data processing terms, except in cases where you uploaded such content for personal purposes or household activities
- You agree to abide by all community guidelines.
- You acknowledge that in using the service, you may be exposed to content that Is factually inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or otherwise inappropriate or objectionable to you.
- You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal equitable rights or remedies you have against YouTube with respect to any such content.
- Nudity, sexual content and/or pornography is prohibited. Any Exploitation of children will be reported to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- Harmful or dangerous content such as encouraging other to hurt themselves or videos containing self-harm may get age-restricted or even removed.
- Unwanted sexualization is prohibited.
- Unauthorized recording of users is prohibited
- Hateful content towards those of certain ages, genders nationalities, veteran status or sexual orientation/gender identity, racism, religious hate; or discriminating against those with disabilities or condoning violence against any of the after mentioned is prohibited.
- Violent or graphic content and/or gory content that’s intended to be shocking, sensational or gratuitous is not okay unless it’s in a documentary or educational manner. If posting such content, it should be accompanied by enough information to explain the purpose of the posting and the content from a documentary or educational standpoint.
- Harassment and cyberbullying are strictly prohibited including comments designed to be abusive. Such behaviour can and should be reported and it will be investigated and if necessary acted on.
- Spam, misleading data/metadata and scams are strictly prohibited. This includes titles, tags, descriptions and thumbnails. Spamming of content and comments is almost prohibited.
- Threats, which includes predatory behavior, stalking harassment, intimidation, invading privacy and/or revealing other user’s personal information and inciting others to do the same or commit violent acts is a serious breach of the terms and conditions and will be acted upon very seriously. Users who commit these acts will be banned and reported to the proper authorities.
- If a user violates your privacy and post your personal information this can be reported, and you can request the information be removed and report the user.
- Accounts created to impersonate somebody, such as a famous persona re subject to being removed without warning if it is discovered you are falsely claiming to somebody you are not.
- YouTube considers a child to be any user under the legal age of majority which in most countries is 18. All child safety guidelines are aimed at all such users.
- Any videos containing footage of children in sexually compromising situations such as sex abuse imagery, even those displayed for documentary and/or educational purposes, are reported to the National Center for missing and exploited children who work closely with law enforcement.
- Content contained children in dangerous or harmful situation may be removed and/or report as appropriate as well as a potential strike being placed against the posting account.
- If any content is found to have placed a child in danger YouTube will work with law enforcement to assist all investigations by law enforcement.
- Where possible Google will notify users of a data breach immediately including all relevant information pertinent to the breach. This is not an admission of fault of Googles part.
- The customer is solely responsible for the use of their account and the security of their account while using the services.
- Google is not responsible for the security of data transferred to any third party via the services.
- Use of the services is an acknowledgement that the security set in place by Google is appropriate to the services being provided.
- Users may request a security audit of YouTube via Google but may be charged a fee for doing so.
YouTube/Google will also collect analytical data relating to how, when and where the service is sued to improve service and help business maximize the effectiveness of the service.
Data is stored and shared globally and may be stored on any of googles data centers.